Privacy statement

You are a participant in our pension scheme, as set out in the pension agreement you have entered into with your employer. To arrange your pension properly, we will need personal data about you and often about your partner too. For example, your names, addresses and dates of birth. We also process other information, including your citizen's identification number (BSN) and information about your income, employment and pension. Achmea Pension Services administers the pension scheme for us and ensures that pensions are paid. It uses and retains (processes) your personal data for these purposes. When doing this, it complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the GDPR Code of Conduct of the Dutch Pension Funds (Gedragslijn Verwerking Persoonsgegevens Pensioenfondsen). The pension fund is responsible for processing and protecting your personal data properly. The pension fund will continue to have this responsibility even if it outsources some of its processing activities to third parties. The pension fund retains this responsibility even if it outsources some of its processing activities to third parties.

We make agreements with other organisations we work with
We have made agreements with Achmea Pension Services and other organisations we work with about exchanging personal data and protecting your privacy. All these agreements have been documented in a processing agreement that stipulates the purposes for which your personal data may be processed.

Which parties share your data with us and with which parties do we share your data?
We exchange personal data with various parties in the context of your participation in our pension scheme. For example, your employer will provide us with data when it enrols you for the pension scheme. We also constantly update certain data via the Key Register of Persons (Basisregistratie Personen). This means that there are many important changes in your personal situation that you do not need to notify us of yourself. If you move house or divorce, for example. However, you will provide us with some data yourself. If you are starting to cohabit with someone or marrying abroad, for example. In the event of your incapacity for work while participating in our pension scheme, we will also process data that shows the extent of your incapacity for work. The data we process will depend on the information we receive from you or the Institute for Employee Benefit Schemes (UWV). We do not process any other medical information.

We are sometimes legally required to share your personal data with others. The tax authorities or the pensions register, for example. We do not provide personal data to third parties for any other purposes, unless you give the pension fund your written consent to do this.

We use your personal data to manage your pension
We administer your pension from the time accrual starts up to and including the payment of pension benefits to you or your surviving dependants. We will also regularly send you information about your pension (if your pension scheme changes, for example). We only process the personal data we need for this purpose. We also process personal data if necessary to meet our legal obligations - to find out whether any of our contacts’ names are on a sanctions list, for example. If there are any other purposes for which we need to process your personal data, we will always ask for your consent before processing it for these purposes..

We keep your personal data for a long time
We keep your personal data for your lifetime and beyond. This is necessary because (former) partners and children may sometimes receive money from your pension for many years after you die. We keep some of your data for a period of 100 years as standard.

We record communication moments with you
To improve our service to you, we record when you and the pension fund have had communication moments with each other. For example, we record telephone calls and chats and also letters and e-mails that we send and receive from you.

We monitor how you use our digital communication
We use cookies on our website. A cookie is a file on your computer that remembers what you do on our website. We use these cookies for a number of reasons. For example, to improve the website and (depending on which cookies you accept) see what you do and look at on our website. See the cookie statement for more information about cookies.

We save the click behaviour in newsletter e-mails. This enables us to see how often an e mail has been opened, which articles have been clicked on and which operating system was used. We use this information solely for the purpose of analysis designed to improve our mailings.

Your rights
Your rights are regulated by law. You can contact us to:

  • request access to your personal data. You will also find a lot of data about you in your personal portal;
  • change your personal data if it is incorrect. If the data we receive from the Key Register of Persons is incorrect, you can contact the municipality yourself to have your data changed;
  • ask us not to process all your personal data or to withdraw your consent;
  • forward your personal data to another organisation (if you want to arrange a value transfer, for example)..

Please note: it will not always be possible for us comply with your requests - if we need your personal data to administer your pension, for example.

Let us know if you want to exercise your rights
You can do this by sending us an e-mail or letter. View the contact details. Before proceeding to process your request, we will need to establish your identity. To do this, we may ask you for a copy of your passport, driving licence or identity card. If we do, please obscure your citizen's identification number (BSN) and passport photo. We will retain the copy you submit to us for two years.

We will respond to your e-mail or letter within four weeks, unless we are not able to action your request on time. In this situation, we will let you know when you can expect to receive a reply from us. We will check your identify first and then respond to your request.

Do you have a question, suggestion or complaint?
Send us an e-mail or letter or call us. View the contact details. If we are not able to resolve a complaint together, you can submit it to the Personal Data Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). See for more information. You could also decide to take the matter to court.

We may make changes to this privacy statement
This may be necessary if legislation or regulations change or if we develop new products or services, for example. The latest version of this privacy statement is always available on our website. The current latest version is dated 1 May 2023.