You are going to cohabit. If you die, your partner may be entitled to a partner’s pension. This is subject to certain conditions. It is important that you register your partner at STIP.
These are the conditions
- You must have a cohabitation agreement, executed before a civil-law notary, which designates your partner as the beneficiary of your partner’s pension.
- You and your partner must have been registered with the municipal authority at the same address for at least 6 months.
- Your partner is no relative by blood or affinity in the first degree.
Things you must arrange
- Register your partner in My pension.
- Send us a copy of the cohabitation agreement. Send us a copy of the first page, the page showing that your partner is the designated beneficiary of your partner's pension and the last page, including the signature of your solicitor.
- Have you been cohabiting for 5 years or more? Then you don't need a cohabitation agreement.
If everything is in order, you will receive confirmation from us that your partner is now registered.
Would you like to know what is arranged for your partner? All amounts will appear on the annual pension overview. You can find this in My pension.