Exchanging pension

You are about to retire. There is still time to adjust your pension, for example by exchanging retirement pension for additional partner’s pension or the other way round. You can only make this choice once, when you retire. After that, you cannot reverse your decision.

If you want additional retirement pension
You can exchange all or part of the partner's pension into additional retirement pension. If your partner agrees to this, he or she must sign to confirm his or her agreement. As an extra check, please send us a copy of your partner’s identity card. Prior to doing so, first obliterate your partner’s passport photo and citizen service number. You yourself will later receive a higher pension benefit. When you die, your partner will receive less partner’s pension or none at all.

If you want additional partner's pension
You can also exchange part of your retirement pension into additional partner’s pension. When you die, your partner will receive more partner's pension. You will receive a lower pension benefit.

Things you must arrange

  • If you are going to retire at 68, you will receive an application form from us 6 months before that date. This contains a number of specific detailed options for pension exchange. Indicate your choice and send us the form no later than 3 months before your retirement date.
  • If you are going to retire early, please contact us 6 months before the desired retirement date

We will recalculate your pension in line with the rules in the pension regulations. You will receive a proposal from us, containing all the amounts following the exchange. If you agree to this, we will make all further arrangements for you.