Higher or lower pension
You may adjust the amount of your pension benefit. You will start by receiving a higher pension benefit on your retirement date, which then subsequently decreases.
- If your higher pension benefit commences on or before your 65th birthday, you can arrange for it to continue until your 68th or 73rd birthday.
- If your higher pension benefit commences after your 65th birthday, you will receive it until your 73rd or 78th birthday.
Things you must arrange
- If you are going to retire at 68, you will receive an application form from us 6 months before that date. This contains a number of specific detailed options for a 'high-low variant' of your pension. Indicate your choice and send us the form no later than 3 months before your retirement date
- If you are going to retire early, please contact us yourself 6 months before the desired retirement date.
What else do you need to know?
- The highest pension benefit must be equal to at least 75% of the lowest pension benefit.
- If you are going to retire before the State pension age (AOW age), you may choose to receive more pension until the commencement date of your State pension benefits. After this, you will receive less pension.
- You can only choose this option when you retire.
We will recalculate your pension in line with the rules in the pension regulations (pdf) (only available in Dutch). You will receive a proposal from us, containing all the new amounts. If you agree to this, we will make all further arrangements for you.