If you are about to retire but do not want to stop working completely, you can choose semi-retirement. You will retire partially, but also continue working partially.
These are the conditions for semi-retirement
Things you must arrange
- Agree things clearly with your employer well in advance.
- If you are going to retire at 68, you will receive an application form from us 6 months before that date. You can indicate your choice of semi-retirement on this form. If you want to retire early, please contact us 6 months before the desired retirement date.
You will receive a statement from us, containing all the amounts relating to the new situation. If you agree with the statement, we will make all further arrangements for you.
What else do you need to know?
- You build up pension based on the days you work. You receive a pension benefit based on the other days.
- You stop building up pension once you turn 68.
- You can remain on semi-retirement until 5 years after your AOW pension age, after which your full pension benefit will commence.